I have lots of vintage sewing patterns stashed away and love the graphic quality of the tissue. I used some of it to create these flowers for a pair of journals for myself.
Using a pair of scalloped scissors, I cut long three inch wide strips. I then ran a long basting stitch up the center of the strip and gently gathered the tissue. Once the strips were done, I formed them into blossoms, starting at the center, and secured them with a few stitches through the center. A small pearl was sewn to the center of the smaller flower and a vintage rhinestone was used for the larger blossoms.
The background of the journals are from an original 1862 indenture (deed of trust) document. I also added flocked paper, alencon lace and vintage millinery leaves.
The flowers would be a wonderful addition to tags, cards, gift wrapping or collage projects.